Boron nitride is a crystal composed of nitrogen atoms and boron atoms. The crystal framework is divided right into hexagonal boron nitride (HBN), closely stuffed hexagonal boron nitride (WBN) and also cubic boron nitride.
The crystal structure of hexagonal boron nitride has a similar graphite split framework, revealing a loosened, lubricating, moisture-absorbing, light and other residential properties of white powder, so it is likewise called "white graphite". Academic density 2.27 g/cm3, certain gravity: 2.43, Mohr firmness = 2.
Hexagonal boron nitride has excellent electrical insulation, thermal conductivity, chemical security, no obvious melting factor, 3000 ℃ in 0.1 MPA nitrogen, heat resistance to 2000 ℃ in neutral decrease atmosphere, 2800 ℃ in nitrogen and also argon, bad stability in oxygen ambience, and temperature below 1000 ℃. The growth coefficient of hexagonal boron nitride amounts that of quartz, but its thermal conductivity is ten times that of quartz.
Hexagonal boron nitride does not liquify chilly water. When the water is boiled, it hydrolyses very gradually as well as creates a percentage of boric acid and ammonia, which does not respond with weak acid and solid base at area temperature level. It is somewhat soluble in hot acid and also can just be decomposed with molten sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide.
Boron Nitride Properties
1. High warmth resistance: sublimation at 3000 ℃, its strength at 1800 ℃ is twice that at room temperature level, air-cooled at 1500 ℃ to room temperature for dozens of times, and also does not soften at 2800 ℃ in inert gas.
2. High thermal conductivity: the hot-pressed items are the same as pure iron, and also 33W/M. K has the greatest thermal conductivity among ceramic materials above 530C.
3, reduced thermal growth coefficient: the expansion coefficient of 2 × & times; 10-6 is 2nd just to quartz glass, which is the tiniest in ceramics, coupled with its high thermal conductivity, so the thermal shock resistance is very good.
4. Exceptional electrical properties: excellent insulation at heat, 1014 Ω& Omega;- cm,2000 at 25 ℃ and 103 Ω& Omega;- cm at 25 ℃. It is the most effective high temperature shielding material in ceramics, with failure voltage 3KV/MV, low dielectric loss 108HZ 2.5 × & times; 10-4, dielectric consistent 4, transparent to microwave as well as infrared.
5. Great deterioration resistance: it does not react with general metals (iron, copper, aluminum, lead, etc), uncommon earth metals, rare-earth elements, semiconductor materials (germanium, silicon, potassium arsenide), glass, molten salts (crystal, fluoride, slag), not natural acid as well as alkali.
6. Reduced rubbing coefficient: U is 0.16, does not increase at heat, is much more resistant to high temperature than molybdenum disulfide as well as graphite, oxidation environment can be consumed to 900C, vacuum can be used at 2000 ℃.
7. High pureness excellent B is high: its impurity material is much less than 10PPM, but B material is more than 43.6%.
8. Machinability: its hardness is Morse 2, so it can be refined right into parts with high accuracy by basic machining techniques.
What is hexagonal boron nitride used in?
Hexagonal boron nitride can be utilized in the manufacture of TiB2/BN composite porcelains, progressed refractories and superhard products, splitting up rings of straight continual rolling steel, heat resistant lubricants and heat coatings, along with raw materials for the synthesis of cubic boron nitride.
1. Boron nitride is a mold and mildew launch agent for metal developing and also a lubricating substance for metal cord drawing.
2. Unique electrolysis as well as resistance products of boron nitride at high temperature.
3. Boron nitride appropriates for high temperature solid lubes, extrusion antiwear ingredients, ceramic composite additives, refractories and antioxidant additives, specifically for liquified steel Faustian celebrations, warmth improvement ingredients and heat immune insulation materials.
4. Boron nitride is suitable for heat-sealed desiccant of transistor as well as additive of polymer such as plastic material.
5. Boron nitride products pushed right into various shapes can be utilized as high temperature, high stress, insulation and also heat dissipation components.
6. Boron nitride is a thermal securing material in aerospace.
7. With the involvement of driver, cubic boron nitride can be changed right into cubic boron nitride as hard as ruby by heat and also high pressure therapy.
8. Boron nitride is the architectural material of atomic reactor.
9. Boron nitride is suitable for the nozzles of aircraft and rocket engines.
10. Boron nitride is an insulator of high voltage, high frequency power and plasma arc.
11. Boron nitride is a packaging product to avoid neutron radiation.
12. The superhard material made from boron nitride can be made into high-speed cutting tools and also drills for geological exploration as well as oil exploration.
13. Boron nitride is made use of in metallurgy for separation ring of continuous casting steel, flow groove of amorphous iron, demoulding representative of continuous spreading aluminum (various optical glass removing agents).
14. Boron nitride is an evaporator for all type of capacitor film plating, picture tube plating, show plating.
15. Boron nitride appropriates for all sort of fresh-keeping aluminized bags and so forth.
16. Boron nitride is a variety of laser anti-counterfeiting light weight aluminum plating, hallmark gilding products, all sort of cigarette tags, beer labels, packaging boxes, cigarette boxes.
17. Boron nitride appropriates for cosmetics. Can be utilized for lipstick fillers, safe and also lubricating, but likewise glossy.
Boron Nitride Price
The rate is affected by several aspects consisting of the supply as well as demand in the marketplace, market trends, economic activity, market sentiment, as well as unanticipated events.
If you are trying to find the current Boron Nitride powder cost, you can send us your query for a quote. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Boron Nitride Provider
Technology Co. Ltd. is a trusted BN manufacturer as well as BN vendor with over 12-year-experience. We deliver our goods all over the globe.
If you are searching for high-grade Boron Nitride powder, please feel free to call us and send out a query. (email@example.com)